HarpFlash – Interview with Florence Sitruk in Krakow, Poland 2019

We made this interview with French-German harpist and harp teacher Florence Sitruk on a beautiful autumn day in Krakow. Ms Sitruk is a professor in Bloomington at Jacobs School of Music and a guest professor at the Academy of Music in Krakow.

HarpFlash – Isabelle Moretti at WHC 2017

Hello everyone! It's us, Dorottya Nizalowski and Fanni Nizalowski from Hungary and we are here in Hong Kong, at the 13th World Harp Congress.

– I would like to ask if the person you dedicated this concert to, was was she the teacher of you in the Conservatoire?

– Actually no, she was my teacher since I was, let's say, 14. She was not a teacher in the Conservatoire, she was a private teacher, and she was someone very important for me.

– My second question is that what does it mean to you to support the young harpists?

– I think this is just... it is simply our goal. This is the best thing we can do, otherwise there is no reason, I guess. Only to be on stage and to be kind of a star? It's not... I prefer stars are in the sky and I prefer to be on Earth, and to help people.

– Thank you very much!

– You're welcome! Thank you!